ASP 2.0 backward compatibility to 1.0

Maziar Aflatoun

Hi,

Does anyone know how well ASP.NET 2.0 is backwards compatible to ASP.NET 1?
We have so much code written in ASP.NET 1.

Thanks
Maz.

Juan T. Llibre

It doesn't matter.

You can run your 1.0 apps side-by-side with 2.0 or,
as an intermediate stage, you could recompile your apps
to run under 1.1. No problem either way.

When it's time to upgrade to 2.0, you'll need to make
a decision which would involve cost/efficiency parameters.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

It is very backward compatible.
Most likely you won't have to change any code at all.