asp 2.0 DataAdapters always reset to null on page load

drisso

I found it convenient in asp.net 1.1 that you could easily define a
dataadapter through a wizard and when the page reloads the initialize
component would recreate it for you each time. Now that the initialize
component in 2.0 is only called once when the application loads each
time a call back is done or the page load is called the dataadapter is
null. Is there anyway that I don't have to create the dataadapter
manually in the pageload? I thought 2.0 is supose to be helpful and so
far I am finding it a lot more difficult. Is there a precompiled class
that contains the original dataadapters information that I can
reference. I read that the initialize component moves the objects in
to compiled classes or something along that line. Worse comes to worse
I'll just define it myself in the page load for each time it loads up,
but I figure the purpose of 2.0 is to make things easier and was hoping
there be an easier way. Please let me know.

Thanks,

David