    all I get is a solid color square where the sub menus/items should be.
    Anybody have any ideas on this? I am using VS 2005 pro on an XP Pro pc. Thanks

    Ed Cohen

    Ed Cohen, Feb 9, 2010

  2. Ed Cohen

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Ed Cohen wrote:
    > I have been trying to get the ASP 2.0 menu control to work with IE 8,
    > and although it seems to work on VS it does not display correctly in
    > IE 8, but does work with Firefox 3.5.7. What happens is that the base
    > part (or root) menu is displayed correctly. But, when I try and
    > display the sub menus/items all I get is a solid color square where
    > the sub menus/items should be. Anybody have any ideas on this? I am
    > using VS 2005 pro on an XP Pro pc. Thanks

    **********canned wrong newsgroup reply****************************
    recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
    ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
    lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
    question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
    a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

    to help you.

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    **********canned wrong newsgroup reply****************************

    Bob Barrows, Feb 9, 2010

  3. Ed Cohen

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?RWQgQ29oZW4=?= wrote on 09 feb 2010 in

    > I have been trying to get the ASP 2.0 menu control to work with IE 8,
    > and although it seems to work on VS it does not display correctly in
    > IE 8, but does work with Firefox 3.5.7. What happens is that the base
    > part (or root) menu is displayed correctly. But, when I try and
    > display the sub menus/items all I get is a solid color square where
    > the sub menus/items should be. Anybody have any ideas on this? I am
    > using VS 2005 pro on an XP Pro pc. Thanks

    We classic ASP programmers don't even know what a "menu control" is.

    Classic ASP never has any problems with cross browser display.

    Try a dot.net group.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.