ASP 2.0 Menu control on IE

Ed Cohen

I have been trying to get the ASP 2.0 menu control to work with IE 8, and
although it seems to work on VS it does not display correctly in IE 8, but
does work with Firefox 3.5.7. What happens is that the base part (or root)
menu is displayed correctly. But, when I try and display the sub menus/items
all I get is a solid color square where the sub menus/items should be.
Anybody have any ideas on this? I am using VS 2005 pro on an XP Pro pc. Thanks

Ed Cohen

Bob Barrows

Ed said:
I have been trying to get the ASP 2.0 menu control to work with IE 8,
and although it seems to work on VS it does not display correctly in
IE 8, but does work with Firefox 3.5.7. What happens is that the base
part (or root) menu is displayed correctly. But, when I try and
display the sub menus/items all I get is a solid color square where
the sub menus/items should be. Anybody have any ideas on this? I am
using VS 2005 pro on an XP Pro pc. Thanks

**********canned wrong newsgroup reply****************************
recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

to help you.

HTH,
Bob Barrows
**********canned wrong newsgroup reply****************************

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?RWQgQ29oZW4=?= wrote on 09 feb 2010 in
I have been trying to get the ASP 2.0 menu control to work with IE 8,
and although it seems to work on VS it does not display correctly in
IE 8, but does work with Firefox 3.5.7. What happens is that the base
part (or root) menu is displayed correctly. But, when I try and
display the sub menus/items all I get is a solid color square where
the sub menus/items should be. Anybody have any ideas on this? I am
using VS 2005 pro on an XP Pro pc. Thanks

We classic ASP programmers don't even know what a "menu control" is.

Classic ASP never has any problems with cross browser display.

Try a dot.net group.