Asp 2.0 popupscreen return

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Logger, Mar 14, 2007.

  1. Logger

    Logger Guest

    Looking for help, I need to know how to return from a popup screen with
    either postback or callback. In my popup screen I have input controls with a
    save and cancel button at the end. If they click the save button I store the
    data in session variables because I have to wait for the user to click the
    finish button on the main screen to create database records. If they click
    the cancel button I want to return and continue filling out the main screen
    until they click the finish button. Any ideas!!

    mainscreen.aspx code:

    Protected Sub lnkbtnStatements_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArgs) Handles lnkbtnStatements.Click
    Dim winName As String
    winName = " 'myWinStatement' "

    Dim strScript As String = "<script language='javascript'>"
    strScript += "window.open('SetupStatements.aspx', " & winName & _
    ",'height=375, width=625, menubar=no,resizable=no,
    toolbar=no,status=no');"
    strScript += "</scr" & "ipt>"

    If (Not Me.ClientScript.IsStartupScriptRegistered("PopupScript")) Then
    Me.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me.GetType(),
    "PopupScript", strScript)
    End If

    End Sub
    Logger, Mar 14, 2007

  2. "Logger" <> wrote in message
    > Looking for help, I need to know how to return from a popup screen with
    > either postback or callback. In my popup screen I have input controls

    with a
    > save and cancel button at the end. If they click the save button I store

    the
    > data in session variables because I have to wait for the user to click the
    > finish button on the main screen to create database records. If they

    click
    > the cancel button I want to return and continue filling out the main

    screen
    > until they click the finish button. Any ideas!!
    >
    > mainscreen.aspx code:
    >
    > Protected Sub lnkbtnStatements_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    > System.EventArgs) Handles lnkbtnStatements.Click
    > Dim winName As String
    > winName = " 'myWinStatement' "
    >
    > Dim strScript As String = "<script language='javascript'>"
    > strScript += "window.open('SetupStatements.aspx', " & winName & _
    > ",'height=375, width=625, menubar=no,resizable=no,
    > toolbar=no,status=no');"
    > strScript += "</scr" & "ipt>"
    >
    > If (Not Me.ClientScript.IsStartupScriptRegistered("PopupScript"))

    Then
    > Me.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me.GetType(),
    > "PopupScript", strScript)
    > End If
    >

    > End Sub

    Re-post Q to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet; this NG is for ASP
    classic. IOW ASP not ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Mar 14, 2007