ASP 2.0 WebPartZone LayoutOrientation and Access

Heath Howard

I have two questions for which I have yet to figure out an answer:

1. I have a page with three webpartzones, one zone on each row of a three-row
table. I have the layoutorientation property set to "horizontal" so that
the webparts will be added side by side. Is there any way to have the webparts
wrap in the zone? Currently, I have the webpartzones set to 100% width to
take up all available room in the table cell. When you add webparts, the
zones keep expanding like this:

x x x x x x

Instead, I'd like the webparts to expand to the right and then wrap with
the reach the right-side of the window, like this:

x x x
x x x

2. I'm also trying to restrict the Webpartzones to which a user can add
a webpart. Specifically, I'd like to modify the "Add to:" drop-down box
on the webparteditor so that users cannot add webparts to all of the zones
on the available page. Is this possible

Robert Bogue [MVP]

On the second issue you should be able to set the AllowLayoutChange property
of the WebPartZone to false.