ASP 3.0 Partial Page Execution

John Smith

Hello. I have a web site I've recently moved to a new provider. It has
worked for years. On the new provider's servers ( Win2k Server .NET 1.1 )
my asp 3.0 pages often don't completely execute.
Here is what happens: Most of the page starts displaying in the browser,
then you see some HTML, then nothing.
If you refresh a few times, the page finally completely loads. There is
never an error reported during any of this.
Can you please give me some suggestions as to why this may be happening?
Thank you for your time,
Steven

Stuart Palmer

Do you use <%Option Explicit%>? This might help.
What is your page doing? Sendmail an email? pulling data from a DB?
When it loads you say it partially works, what point does it get to?

You don't supply enough info for us to help. I.E My car doesn't start, whats
wrong with it? Not very helpful is it to solve my problem :eek:/

Post more info and then we'll try and help.

Stu

John Smith

Stuart,
Sorry for not providing more information. It happens on every page. I do
use Option Explicit. The pages do everything from Emailing, Data Entry,
Searching.
What happens for example is a page starts to display an input form, and
then part of the way down the page, instead of showing the submit button,
the page displays the first 10 characters of the HTML for the submit button!
I am an MCAD and have been doing MS development for years and had never seen
this.
I did get it fixed though. At the end of ever page, it had Response.Flush
Response.End. Once I commented out this code, the problem quit.
Thanks for your help,

Steven