    --
    Regards,
    Gary Blakely
    GaryDean, Aug 4, 2008

  2. ..NET assemblies are compiled down to bytecode, which means they are not 32
    bit specific, even when compiled there. This may not be true as a blanket
    statement, of course, but it works for most everything.

    The vendor DLL is one of two types:

    1. Native 32-bit DLL
    2. .NET DLL run through ngen for 32bit

    It is most likely #1. In the COM world, 32-bit versus 64-bit matters. In the
    ..NET world it should not.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:
    http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Aug 4, 2008

  3. GaryDean

    erwien Guest

    Is it a COM interop assembly?

    erwien, Aug 5, 2008
  4. Thanks for Gregory and erwien's input.

    I also think that the problem is related to whether the dll is a pure
    managed one. Also, though .NET assembly(compiled with any platform target)
    can auto adapted to 32bit and 64 bit platform, for ASP.NET it is a bit
    particular. Because it rely on IIS server, while IIS server(or a single
    virtual application dir) can only be configured to run under a single
    mode(32 or 64 ) at a time. It is configured via "enable32BitAppOnWin64 "
    flag, I think we also need to make sure how to the IIS virtual dir is
    configured currently so as to confirm whether the ASP.NET is running in
    pure 64 bit mode or 32 bit mode via WOW. Then, we can go further to
    analyize the problem dll(which not work).

    #IIS7 - Running 32-bit and 64-bit ASP.NET versions at the same time on
    different worker processes
    http://blogs.msdn.com/rakkimk/archive/2007/11/03/iis7-running-32-bit-and-64-
    bit-asp-net-versions-at-the-same-time-on-different-worker-processes.aspx

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Aug 5, 2008
  5. GaryDean

    GaryDean Guest

    no. It's ABCDpdf from websupergoo

    --
    Regards,
    Gary Blakely

    GaryDean, Aug 5, 2008
  6. GaryDean wrote:
    > no. It's ABCDpdf from websupergoo

    I suppose that you mean ABCpdf?

    The professional edition is available for x64.

    --
    Göran Andersson
    _____
    Göran Andersson, Aug 6, 2008
  7. Hi Gary,

    Have you got any progress on this issue?

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Aug 8, 2008