ASP, Access & Link Table Password

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Colin Steadman, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. I've written an online survey in ASP using Access as the
    db. To get the results and some data about the user I've
    written a simple select query in Access and saved it
    as 'QRY_GET_RESULTS'. 'QRY_GET_RESULTS' uses two tables:-
    TBL_RESULTS (Access) and TBL_DIRECTORY (link table to our
    directory server). The QRY_GET_RESULTS query works great
    in Access when I've supplied the directory server password.

    And it should mean that I can connect to the Access db
    from ASP and run 'select * from QRY_GET_RESULTS'. However
    when I do this I get the following error:

    Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

    ODBC--connection to 'directory_db' failed.

    /isebsurvey/dev/view_results.asp, line 32

    Line 32 is:

    rs.Open Join(arSQL, " "),cn

    I think this is happening because I need to also supply
    the directory server password in the connection string,
    but I'm not sure how to go about this. At the moment it
    looks like this:

    "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=" &
    Server.MapPath("survey.mdb")

    Could anyone tell me what I'm missing?

    Thanks,

    Colin