ASP and Access on IIS 6.0

Bjarne

I just created a test server, running Windows server 2003.

When an asp page needs access to an Access-database it
show this failure:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Unspecified error

How do I get my pages running again.
They worked fine on IIS 5.0 on a Windows 2000 server

Please reply by mail

Regards,
Bjarne

Bob Barrows

Bjarne said:
I just created a test server, running Windows server 2003.

When an asp page needs access to an Access-database it
show this failure:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Unspecified error

How do I get my pages running again.
They worked fine on IIS 5.0 on a Windows 2000 server

Please reply by mail

Regards,
Bjarne

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

HTH,
Bob Barrows

Bjarne

It is not a programmable error.
It is general for all sites that I have copied to the new
server.

I have tried to look at permissions to the files.
There is nothing in the log files either.

Bob Barrows

Bjarne said:
It is not a programmable error.

I don't think the article said it was. It most likely is a permissions
issue.

It is general for all sites that I have copied to the new
server.

I have tried to look at permissions to the files.

.... and you found ...

Please reread the FAQ article. Follow the links in the article to the MS KB
articles dealing with this issue.

Bob Barrows