    Please reply by mail

    Regards,
    Bjarne
    Bjarne, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Bjarne

    Pete Guest

    4005 is about as general as they come.

    Any info in event logs, web logs etc.?

    Pete, Oct 24, 2003

  3. Bjarne

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Bjarne wrote:
    > I just created a test server, running Windows server 2003.
    >
    > When an asp page needs access to an Access-database it
    > show this failure:
    > Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
    >
    > Unspecified error
    >
    > How do I get my pages running again.
    > They worked fine on IIS 5.0 on a Windows 2000 server
    >
    > Please reply by mail
    >
    > Regards,
    > Bjarne

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows, Oct 24, 2003
  4. Tom Kaminski [MVP], Oct 24, 2003
  5. Bjarne

    Bjarne Guest

    It is not a programmable error.
    It is general for all sites that I have copied to the new
    server.

    I have tried to look at permissions to the files.
    There is nothing in the log files either.

    spam trap so I
    >don't check it very often. If you must reply off-line,

    then remove the

    Bjarne, Oct 24, 2003
  6. Bjarne

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Bjarne wrote:
    > It is not a programmable error.

    I don't think the article said it was. It most likely is a permissions
    issue.

    > It is general for all sites that I have copied to the new
    > server.
    >
    > I have tried to look at permissions to the files.

    .... and you found ...

    Please reread the FAQ article. Follow the links in the article to the MS KB
    articles dealing with this issue.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET