    gave it the name and password of the administrator as prompted but it just
    can't connect. I have set up debugging in IIS. Any sugguestions?

    Bill
    News.Microsoft.com, Dec 6, 2006

  2. News.Microsoft.com

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 08:52:58 -0500, "News.Microsoft.com"
    <> wrote:

    >I am testing an app on my own development machine. I am using IIS 5 with ASP
    >and MS Access. I have the Access database in a directory called Private
    >located one level down from the Web App. When I run the app from the
    >browser everything works just fine. When I try to debug the app from within
    >Visual Studio .net 2003, it can't connect to the database. If I run the app
    >from within studio without debugging, it works. When trying to debug, I
    >gave it the name and password of the administrator as prompted but it just
    >can't connect. I have set up debugging in IIS. Any sugguestions?

    First, it's a database issue, no need to crosspost to the general
    group. Followups reset.

    How do you know it can't connect to the database? Then tell us. An
    error message is easier to diagnose than your impression of a symptom.
    As for the admin account/password, when does it prompt? Show your
    code.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Dec 13, 2006