ASP and Acess and IIS

News.Microsoft.com

I am testing an app on my own development machine. I am using IIS 5 with ASP
and MS Access. I have the Access database in a directory called Private
located one level down from the Web App. When I run the app from the
browser everything works just fine. When I try to debug the app from within
Visual Studio .net 2003, it can't connect to the database. If I run the app
from within studio without debugging, it works. When trying to debug, I
gave it the name and password of the administrator as prompted but it just
can't connect. I have set up debugging in IIS. Any sugguestions?

Bill

Jeff Cochran

I am testing an app on my own development machine. I am using IIS 5 with ASP
and MS Access. I have the Access database in a directory called Private
located one level down from the Web App. When I run the app from the
browser everything works just fine. When I try to debug the app from within
Visual Studio .net 2003, it can't connect to the database. If I run the app
from within studio without debugging, it works. When trying to debug, I
gave it the name and password of the administrator as prompted but it just
can't connect. I have set up debugging in IIS. Any sugguestions?

First, it's a database issue, no need to crosspost to the general
group. Followups reset.

How do you know it can't connect to the database? Then tell us. An
error message is easier to diagnose than your impression of a symptom.
As for the admin account/password, when does it prompt? Show your
code.

Jeff