    I have to use ASP since the page will get it's information from a database.

    Can someone please help me!
    Thank you!

    Hege, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Hege

    Evertjan. Guest

    Hege wrote on 21 aug 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I'm trying to make a site where I have a framset. In one of the
    > frames I want a java-applet to be running. And I wan't to send
    > information to that applet from one of the other pages. I think I
    > know how to send the information. My problem is that when I run the
    > page from localhost the applet won't be initiated.
    >
    > How can I do this so the applet will be running?
    >
    > I have to use ASP since the page will get it's information from a
    > database.

    The applet is strictly clientside coded, IMHO,
    and has nothing to do with servrside ASP.
    However getting serverside data to the applet is possible by:

    value='<% = anASPvariableORvalue %>'

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Aug 21, 2004

  3. Hege

    Hege Guest

    Thank you for answering!

    Why won't my applet call work then when I start the site from localhost and
    not only directly as a html-page. This is the code in the html-page that is
    calling the applet

    <HTML>

    <HEAD>

    </HEAD>

    <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFff">

    <BR>

    <BR>

    <applet code=Shopper.class name=Shopper id=Shopper width=166 height=380
    alt='You do not have a Java-capable Browser, or Java is not enabled'> <param
    name=Items value=items.txt>

    <param name=Colours value=colours.txt>

    <param name=Browser value='Microsoft'>

    <param name=CGIURL value='http://streamers.qbicinternet.co.uk/doit.pl'>

    </applet>

    </BODY>

    </HTML>

    and the page is part of a frameset. All the classes needed are at the right
    place. And it works when I don't start from localhost.

    Any ideas?

    Hege

    Hege, Aug 21, 2004
  4. Hege

    joker Guest

    It sounds like a Internet zone security setting then at that point.

    joker, Aug 22, 2004