    --
    Thanks,
    Gilgamesh

    Gilgamesh, Aug 13, 2004

  2. Both ASP and ASP.Net pages can be hosted together. They are handled by
    different ISAPIs.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "Gilgamesh" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    > We have a legacy ASP application which we would need to continue to

    support.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 13, 2004

  3. You can start building the ASP.NET functionality in the same application and
    migrate over any session variables when you go back and forth. MSDN online
    has an article on session state sharing between the two.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP], Aug 13, 2004
  4. The main problem is that there is no single great way to share session state
    between ASP and ASP.NET.
    But that doesn't mean you don't have options.

    Here are some common ways:
    * Store the data in a common database
    * Pass data from page to page on the QueryString
    * Store the data in cookies
    * Use a 3rd party session sharing component
    (Here's one:
    http://www.consonica.com/solutions/dotnet/statestitch/index.html)
    * Use COM Interop to provide an object that both sides can access that
    handles the data.
    Here's an example of the latter:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/ConvertToASPNET.asp

    Eventually you'll likely want to convert your old ASP stuff to ASP.NET.
    Here's more info on good ways to do that:
    http://www.able-consulting.com/dotnet/aspnet/asp_aspnet_files/frame.htm
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/ConvertToASPNET.asp

    --
    I hope this helps,