ASP and BitBlt

Rodney Mullins

Is it possible to create a bitmap image via ASP? I'm very familiar with
BitBlt from my Win32 days. I've also used it in VB. Can you call Bitblt
and other graphics API via asp? Any information would truly be appreciated.
Thx.

Anthony Jones

Rodney Mullins said:
Is it possible to create a bitmap image via ASP? I'm very familiar with
BitBlt from my Win32 days. I've also used it in VB. Can you call Bitblt
and other graphics API via asp? Any information would truly be appreciated.
Thx.

No you cannot make WinAPI calls or any other standard DLL calls from ASP.

If you are familiar with using these APIs in VB you could write your code in
VB and expose the functions you need as methods of a Script friendly ActiveX
DLL for consumption by your ASP code.

Alternatively you might be able to find some freeware or comercial libraries
that do the tasks you need.

Anthony.