ASP and cached pages

Hugh Welford

Hi

I have recently changed web hosts, and am suddenly having the problem that
IE is displaying cached ASP pages, i.e. displaying data base query results
from the first assembly of the asp page. Surely this contravenes the whole
principleof ASP as a dynamically generated page. I didnt get the problem
with my previous host.

What am I to do about this? If it is browser dependent, how can I be sure
that all users have their browsers set correctly. If it is a host problem,
it would be good to have some idea what the problem is before contacting
them. Or is there something I can do within my asp page to ensure that the
current page is the one displayed by the browser?

Thanks in advance for your help. Hugh

Meelis Lilbok

Use
Response.Expires
or add custom headers like "pragma", "no cache"
or use cachecontrol

Mex