    If anyone has experience with Godaddy hosting with ASP, I would really
    appreciate some advice or links on what the problem might be.

    Thank you,
    Micus, Mar 30, 2009

  2. On Mar 30, 9:06 am, "Micus" <> wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    >      I'm having problems getting a simple 'Hello World' aspx page to work on
    > my Godaddy hosted site. I'm using VS 2005 (ASP.NET 2.0) to create the page
    > and programming in C# for the code behind. My site has ASP 2.0/3.0/3.5
    > enabled and is using IIS 7.0. I compile the page and publish it to a local
    > folder. I upload the publish folder contents to the virtual folder created
    > by IIS. I access the page from my browser and I'm getting a '500 internal
    > server error' message. In the web.config file I've set the customErrors to
    > Off and turned the trace On, but I'm still getting just the 500 error.
    >
    >     If anyone has experience with Godaddy hosting with ASP, I would really
    > appreciate some advice or links on what the problem might be.
    >
    > Thank you,

    Hi Micus,

    it might be a problem with a format of the web.config file. Try to
    change IIS mode
    http://help.godaddy.com/article/4179

    Hope this helps
    Alexey Smirnov, Mar 30, 2009

  3. Micus

    Micus Guest

    "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message
    On Mar 30, 9:06 am, "Micus" <> wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm having problems getting a simple 'Hello World' aspx page to work on
    > my Godaddy hosted site. I'm using VS 2005 (ASP.NET 2.0) to create the page
    > and programming in C# for the code behind. My site has ASP 2.0/3.0/3.5
    > enabled and is using IIS 7.0. I compile the page and publish it to a local
    > folder. I upload the publish folder contents to the virtual folder created
    > by IIS. I access the page from my browser and I'm getting a '500 internal
    > server error' message. In the web.config file I've set the customErrors to
    > Off and turned the trace On, but I'm still getting just the 500 error.
    >
    > If anyone has experience with Godaddy hosting with ASP, I would really
    > appreciate some advice or links on what the problem might be.
    >
    > Thank you,

    >Hi Micus,
    >
    >it might be a problem with a format of the web.config file. Try to
    >change IIS mode
    >http://help.godaddy.com/article/4179
    >
    >Hope this helps

    Alexey,

    Prompted by your suggestion, I checked the web.config then started going
    through all the settings that Godaddy makes available. I eventually found
    that the virtual directory settings made it inaccessible from the outside.
    By default, I think this directory should inherit it's settings from the
    root but it was not set up that way(???). I did not think someone could get
    giddy over 'Hello World' popping up on a browser, but here I am!

    Thank you,
    -M
    Micus, Mar 30, 2009
  4. On Mar 30, 9:51 pm, "Micus" <> wrote:
    > "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message

    > On Mar 30, 9:06 am, "Micus" <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hello all,

    > > I'm having problems getting a simple 'Hello World' aspx page to work on
    > > my Godaddy hosted site. I'm using VS 2005 (ASP.NET 2.0) to create the page
    > > and programming in C# for the code behind. My site has ASP 2.0/3.0/3.5
    > > enabled and is using IIS 7.0. I compile the page and publish it to a local
    > > folder. I upload the publish folder contents to the virtual folder created
    > > by IIS. I access the page from my browser and I'm getting a '500 internal
    > > server error' message. In the web.config file I've set the customErrors to
    > > Off and turned the trace On, but I'm still getting just the 500 error.

    > > If anyone has experience with Godaddy hosting with ASP, I would really
    > > appreciate some advice or links on what the problem might be.

    > > Thank you,
    > >Hi Micus,

    > >it might be a problem with a format of the web.config file. Try to
    > >change IIS mode
    > >http://help.godaddy.com/article/4179

    > >Hope this helps

    > Alexey,
    >
    >     Prompted by your suggestion, I checked the web.config then started going
    > through all the settings that Godaddy makes available. I eventually found
    > that the virtual directory settings made it inaccessible from the outside..
    > By default, I think this directory should inherit it's settings from the
    > root but it was not set up that way(???). I did not think someone could get
    > giddy over 'Hello World'  popping up on a browser, but here I am!
    >
    > Thank you,
    > -M

    Yes, I think it must be by default, maybe you did remove an access by
    mistake, I don't know
    http://help.godaddy.com/topic/173/article/3989

    Anyway, glad that this is working now

    Cheers!