ASP and Godaddy Hosting

Micus

Hello all,

I'm having problems getting a simple 'Hello World' aspx page to work on
my Godaddy hosted site. I'm using VS 2005 (ASP.NET 2.0) to create the page
and programming in C# for the code behind. My site has ASP 2.0/3.0/3.5
enabled and is using IIS 7.0. I compile the page and publish it to a local
folder. I upload the publish folder contents to the virtual folder created
by IIS. I access the page from my browser and I'm getting a '500 internal
server error' message. In the web.config file I've set the customErrors to
Off and turned the trace On, but I'm still getting just the 500 error.

If anyone has experience with Godaddy hosting with ASP, I would really
appreciate some advice or links on what the problem might be.

Thank you,

Guest

Hello all,

     I'm having problems getting a simple 'Hello World' aspx page to work on
my Godaddy hosted site. I'm using VS 2005 (ASP.NET 2.0) to create the page
and programming in C# for the code behind. My site has ASP 2.0/3.0/3.5
enabled and is using IIS 7.0. I compile the page and publish it to a local
folder. I upload the publish folder contents to the virtual folder created
by IIS. I access the page from my browser and I'm getting a '500 internal
server error' message. In the web.config file I've set the customErrors to
Off and turned the trace On, but I'm still getting just the 500 error.

    If anyone has experience with Godaddy hosting with ASP, I would really
appreciate some advice or links on what the problem might be.

Thank you,

Hi Micus,

it might be a problem with a format of the web.config file. Try to
change IIS mode
http://help.godaddy.com/article/4179

Hope this helps

[...]

Alexey,

Prompted by your suggestion, I checked the web.config then started going
through all the settings that Godaddy makes available. I eventually found
that the virtual directory settings made it inaccessible from the outside.
By default, I think this directory should inherit it's settings from the
root but it was not set up that way(???). I did not think someone could get
giddy over 'Hello World' popping up on a browser, but here I am!

Thank you,
-M

Guest

Alexey,

    Prompted by your suggestion, I checked the web.config then started going
through all the settings that Godaddy makes available. I eventually found
that the virtual directory settings made it inaccessible from the outside..
By default, I think this directory should inherit it's settings from the
root but it was not set up that way(???). I did not think someone could get
giddy over 'Hello World'  popping up on a browser, but here I am!

Thank you,
-M

Yes, I think it must be by default, maybe you did remove an access by
mistake, I don't know
http://help.godaddy.com/topic/173/article/3989

Anyway, glad that this is working now

Cheers!