ASP and IIS and SSI...please help

shland

Hi - I'm using SSI in some .asp pages... the SSI works perfectly on my web
host, but when I try to test locally, IIS is complaining that it can't find
the included file. I'm sure that it has something to do with setting a
"root" directory properly, but as far as I can tell, I have it set ok. Any
hints? I'm running IIS under XP Pro, and DW MX by the way...

My SSI line looks like this:
<!--#include virtual="\mainpages\includes\ServicesCustomized.htm" -->

The actual path is:
c:\Document and Settings\S\My
Documents\dotDigerati\Website\mainpages\includes...

In Internet Information Services the virtual directory is set to point to:
C:\Documents and Settings\S\My Documents\dotDigerati\Website\

Anything else I need to do?

Thanks in advance,
Sheryl

Curt_C [MVP]

two things...
one the \ should be / (not sure it matters but it could)
Second, is "WebSite" set as the ROOT of that virutal dir?

Ray at

From what I can see, this should be working for you. Here are my
suggestions:

Put a file in the Website directory called includes.txt with contents of
"Website."
Put a file in the mainpages directory called include.txt with contents of
"root.
Put a file in your includes directory called include.txt with contents of
"includes."

Then load:

<!-- #include virtual="/include.txt" -->
<!-- #include file="/include.txt" -->

What is returned?

Ray at home