    I VB6 I do:
    Declare Public Func ...

    Please help
    MeAndI, Nov 4, 2003

  2. MeAndI

    Evertjan. Guest

    MeAndI wrote on 04 nov 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I've got an ASP page and I want to make a reference to the kernel32
    > library. I VB6 I do:
    > Declare Public Func ...

    response.write "This is a reference to the kernel32 library."

    More seriously:

    Whether you use VBscript on that asp page ot Jscript, it is always a
    scripting language and using a library of a compiling language is illogical
    and impossible.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Nov 4, 2003

  3. MeAndI

    Mark Schupp Guest

    You cannot use functions from a windows DLL from VBScript. You will need to
    create a COM object that provides the same function as a member function.
    Simplest way is usually to create a VB ActiveX DLL to "wrap" the desired
    kernal32 function.

    There may already be commercial components to do what you need. What
    Kernal32 functions do you want to call?

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development