ASP and WebBots

Jim

Can anyone enlighten me as to the spambot email harvesting process? I use
to use javascript to protect my email address, but with security levels
rising, I can't rely on everyone to have javascript enabled. I am currently
using an encoding tool (UltimateMailto) that turns the email address into a
combination of hex and dec code. I wondered if drawing the email from a
database with asp is safe. Does an email harvesting bot read the .asp code
or the page created by the .asp code?

Any help and enlightenment would be appreciated. I HATE SPAM!!!

dlbjr

The best security on emails is keeping them in a database with an assigned
unique ID.
For email links on your pages, point them to an asp form with the assigned
unique ID as a
querystring. Here they will fill in a form and submit the form. on the
server you use CDO to
send the email to the email assigned to the assigned unique ID. This will
also allow you to create
a log of emails into a database if needed. I use this technique for emails,
pagers and text messaging
to cell phones.

-dlbjr

Discerning resolutions for the alms