    database with asp is safe. Does an email harvesting bot read the .asp code
    or the page created by the .asp code?

    Any help and enlightenment would be appreciated. I HATE SPAM!!!

    Jim, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Jim

    dlbjr Guest

    The best security on emails is keeping them in a database with an assigned
    unique ID.
    For email links on your pages, point them to an asp form with the assigned
    unique ID as a
    querystring. Here they will fill in a form and submit the form. on the
    server you use CDO to
    send the email to the email assigned to the assigned unique ID. This will
    also allow you to create
    a log of emails into a database if needed. I use this technique for emails,
    pagers and text messaging
    to cell phones.

    -dlbjr

    Discerning resolutions for the alms