    i dont have any pop-up pages I'm perplexed as to what could be causing it.
    Is there any standard method for combatting nortons intereference with
    standard ASP webpages?
    confuzzled, Feb 17, 2006

  2. "confuzzled" <> wrote in message
    news:%231dAY%23%...
    >I have tracked down an issue with my ASP website to Norton Internet
    >Security. Users accessing my Site with NIS cannot view pages correctly
    >(i.e. images are not rendered in some sections). It appears through
    >googling this problem that its specifically the pop-up blocker that's the
    >issue, but since i dont have any pop-up pages I'm perplexed as to what
    >could be causing it. Is there any standard method for combatting nortons
    >intereference with standard ASP webpages?

    Nope, Norton knows nothing about ASP as by the time it reaches the client
    it's just simple HTML. Are you doing something funky with your img tags
    (and that's not an ASP issue)?

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Feb 17, 2006

  3. confuzzled

    Lee Carnell Guest

    >I have tracked down an issue with my ASP website to Norton Internet Security.
    >Users accessing my Site with NIS cannot view pages correctly (i.e. images are
    >not rendered in some sections). It appears through googling this problem that
    >its specifically the pop-up blocker that's the issue, but since i dont have any
    >pop-up pages I'm perplexed as to what could be causing it. Is there any
    >standard method for combatting nortons intereference with standard ASP
    >webpages?

    Norton IS does block access to the referer information (in it's out of the box
    congiguration), could this be the issue with images not showing? Something
    similar happened to me a while back.
    Lee Carnell, Feb 20, 2006
  4. confuzzled

    Paxton Guest

    confuzzled wrote:
    > I have tracked down an issue with my ASP website to Norton Internet
    > Security. Users accessing my Site with NIS cannot view pages correctly (i.e.
    > images are not rendered in some sections). It appears through googling this
    > problem that its specifically the pop-up blocker that's the issue, but since
    > i dont have any pop-up pages I'm perplexed as to what could be causing it.
    > Is there any standard method for combatting nortons intereference with
    > standard ASP webpages?

    If you are using floated elements, IE sometimes has problems displaying
    text or images positioned next to them. The solution is to add
    position: relative to the CSS declaration of the offending item. If
    that doesn't work, give it a width.

    The only issue I know of concerning Nortons and ASP is that it prevents
    you using the filescriptingobject if you don't turn off the script
    blocker, where Nortons is installed on the same machine.

    If you have links from your searches that show Nortons and ASP clashing
    elsewhere, please post them. I'd be interested to see them.

    /P.
    Paxton, Feb 20, 2006
  5. confuzzled

    confuzzled Guest

    I solved this problem a while back but only just had chance to inform the
    group - the problem, which seems nuts was that Norton was blocking my images
    because they were 250 x 250 pixels , I changed these sizes to 249 pixels x
    249 (after stripping away every scrap of asp code i had to find the
    culprit - and of course there wasnt one lol) - lo and behold the images
    appeared. wasn't ASP afterall although these images do appear happily in
    standard HTML pages at 250x250 ... so its sort of an ASP problem??

    confuzzled, Feb 27, 2006