    Thanks!

    --
    kkres
    kkres, Nov 4, 2004

  2. The browser doesn't really know or care what operating system the server is
    running. All the browser is looking for is some html. Is there ASP code
    that is generating client-side code that has changed?

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Nov 4, 2004

  3. > I have a classic ASP application that runs fine on IIS on win 2000 or IIS
    on
    > XP. But recently a client installed it on Win 2003 and now consistently

    gets
    > an Internet Explorer-side error:' syntax error line ... char 1' when he
    > browses to it with IE 6.0.

    This is a JavaScript error, not an ASP error. I suggest posting the code
    that *causes* the error to a client-side scripting newsgroup.

    > Are there a known issues of this kind involving IE 6.0 and windows 2003 ??

    I doubt it, unless you are writing conditional JavaScript based on either
    the server or client OS... is the error only happening on the machine in
    isolation, or does the error happen when the ASP is running on Win2003,
    whether you browse to it locally *or* from IE on an XP box?

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)
    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Nov 4, 2004
  4. kkres

    MichaelPyles Guest

    The security settings on IIS 6 default to a higher level. You will need to
    lower this level to execute Javascript. You may also need to enable parent
    paths (defaults to true on IIS 5 and false on IIS 6).

    MichaelPyles, Nov 4, 2004
  5. I don't think this is the full picture. The javascript is executing, but he
    is getting a syntax error.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)