ASP appl with Client Certificate after OS upgrade

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Sascha, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. Sascha

    Sascha Guest

    Hi,

    I've upgraded my web server (W2K, IIS5) to W2K3, IIS6.0 with the web
    application (ASP, not ASP:NET) that uses client certificates.
    Now the site doesn't work :-(

    Basically, when the user provides the client certificate, the asp page takes
    the public key and checks in the database for that public key. If it finds
    the key, it then maps the user to the firm's id.

    The code that takes the client cert looks like this:
    <%
    function iif(bool, valTrue, valFalse)
    if bool then
    iif=valTrue
    else
    iif=valFalse
    end if
    end function

    function leadZero(num)
    leadZero = iif(len(cstr(num))<2,"0" & cstr(num), cstr(num))
    end function

    pk = Request.ClientCertificate("PublicKey")

    for i=1 to len(pk)
    pk2 = pk2 & leadZero(hex(asc(mid(pk,i,1))))
    next
    %>

    On the W2k, you would have the public key in pk2 variable which is correct
    when cheched in the database.
    On the W2k3, you get something completely different in the pk2 variable, and
    of course that value doesn't get passed the database check.

    In short, the Request.ClientCertificate("PublicKey") provides two different
    values for w2k and w2k3.

    What's up with that?
    Can someone help? Microsoft?
    I've searched everything for this....