ASP Application - Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Viswanathan S, Nov 4, 2005.

  1. HI ALL!

    When user try to debug an Asp Web application, He got error "Unable to
    start debugging on the web server. Access is denied."

    The IIS server installed locally on the pc with Windows 2000 Professional .
    Administrator that try to debug on that same pc does not have any problems,
    Only simple user that try to debug recive this error. The user is member of
    the Debugger
    Users Group, and he can debug a Windows Application, But cann't debug an ASP
    Web application.

    1. Are users that are not administrators can debbging an Asp Web
    application?

    2. What more permissions they need after they are members of the Debbger
    Users group?

    --
    Thanks in Advance

    S. Viswanathan

    Viswanathan S, Nov 4, 2005

  2. Viswanathan,

    I was just re-watching a Tech Ed presentation on DVD and the answer to your
    question came up. The presenter, Scott Guthrie, was stating that in Visual
    Studio.NET 2005 a user no longer has to have administrator privileges to run
    and debug an application. So, by inference I believe in Visual Studio.NET
    2003 administrator access is required.

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP