asp/asp.net integration

John

Hi

We have an asp.net app that uses asp.net built-in membership system. We also
have a legacy asp app that uses its own login system using a backend db to
store usernames/passwords. We need to integrate the two in a way that there
is only one login, for user convenience. Is there any way that asp app can
pick up login info from asp.net system i.e. if the user is logged in and if
so who is the user and its allowed roles?

Thanks

Regards

sloan

You could write a wrapper around the Membership and Role Providers, and
expose that as a COM object.

If you add a reference to System.Web, you can get to the Membership classes,
even if you're not in a Web App.

google

MembershipProvider.UpdateUser

and you'lll start seeing how to code against it.