ASP + ASP.NET + VBScript + C#?

Gabriele Zannoni

I have an old ASP application written in VBScript running and they asked me
an add-on. I have no experience in ASP but I'm experienced in ASP.NET and
C#. Noone will pay for a migration of the whole application to ASP.NET so
the question is: can I write the new pages in ASP.NET and C# having the rest
of the application in ASP and VBScript?

Thanks,
Gabriele

Marina

Yes, you can. One thing I can think of off the top of my head that may be
problematic, is that asp and asp.net do not share session state. So if your
site relies on that, you are out of luck.

Marina

Right, I meant out of luck having it work out of the box.

Depending on how session was used before, it might mean doing tons of
rewrites in the old ASP pages to make it work.