    of the application in ASP and VBScript?

    Thanks,
    Gabriele

    Gabriele Zannoni, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Gabriele Zannoni

    Marina Guest

    Yes, you can. One thing I can think of off the top of my head that may be
    problematic, is that asp and asp.net do not share session state. So if your
    site relies on that, you are out of luck.

    "Gabriele Zannoni" <> wrote in message
    > I have an old ASP application written in VBScript running and they asked

    me
    > an add-on. I have no experience in ASP but I'm experienced in ASP.NET and
    > C#. Noone will pay for a migration of the whole application to ASP.NET so
    > the question is: can I write the new pages in ASP.NET and C# having the

    rest

    Marina, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Gabriele Zannoni

    Karl Guest

    Yes, ASP.Net and ASP can work side-by-side in the same site.

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Karl, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Gabriele Zannoni

    Karl Guest

    There are solutions to bridging things from one to the other:
    http://www.iprisma.com/aspbridge/

    I've never tried either, so maybe they work like crap...but you aren't
    totally out of luck :)

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Karl, Sep 8, 2004
  5. Gabriele Zannoni

    Marina Guest

    Right, I meant out of luck having it work out of the box.

    Depending on how session was used before, it might mean doing tons of
    rewrites in the old ASP pages to make it work.

    "Karl" <karl REMOVE @ REMOVE openmymind REMOVEMETOO . ANDME net> wrote in
    message news:...

    Marina, Sep 8, 2004