    and an ASP.Net application running on the same server?
    They both use SQL databases and I don't want to cause any
    conflict when it is deployed.
    kellydotnetnewbie, Dec 1, 2003

  2. kellydotnetnewbie

    Scott M. Guest

    No problem. They were designed to run side-by-side. Just be aware that the
    2 architectures do not share data in memory with each other (session &
    application), you would need to persist this data between them yourself.

    They can both access your SQL DB without issues.

    Scott M., Dec 1, 2003

  3. Yes, I've got a similar set up that's working just fine. A lot of people
    do.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Dec 1, 2003
  4. You can even run in the same project, although it is a bit tricky to keep
    session state in sync (article on http://msdn.microsoft.com for session
    state -- do a search). If separate apps, they work fine.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!
    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 1, 2003