ASP & ASP.Net

kellydotnetnewbie

Does anyone know if it's safe to have an ASP application
and an ASP.Net application running on the same server?
They both use SQL databases and I don't want to cause any
conflict when it is deployed.

Scott M.

No problem. They were designed to run side-by-side. Just be aware that the
2 architectures do not share data in memory with each other (session &
application), you would need to persist this data between them yourself.

They can both access your SQL DB without issues.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Yes, I've got a similar set up that's working just fine. A lot of people
do.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You can even run in the same project, although it is a bit tricky to keep
session state in sync (article on http://msdn.microsoft.com for session
state -- do a search). If separate apps, they work fine.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!