ASP Authentication to Active Directory

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Steve Kennedy, Feb 13, 2006.

  1. Anyone ever see this? Normal ASP.NET environment and page, trying to
    authenticate against AD for first time. The expected result is a
    connection to the server, but I get the following: "Parser Error
    Message: Unable to establish secure connection with the server". My
    web.config is basically this....

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration
    xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
    <appSettings/>
    <connectionStrings>
    <remove name="ADConnString" />
    <add name="ADConnString"
    connectionString="LDAP://123.xyz.com:389/OU=Users,DC=oa,DC=ad,DC=xyz,DC=comĀ­"

    />
    </connectionStrings>
    <system.web>
    <membership>
    <providers>
    <remove name="MyADMembershipProvider" />
    <add connectionStringName="ADConnString" connectionUsername="CN=Bob
    Kennedy,OU=CrappyTown,OU=OA Users,DC=oa,DC=ad,DC=xyz,DC=com"
    connectionPassword="password" name="MyADMembershipProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider,System.Web,

    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
    </providers>
    </membership>
    <authentication mode="Forms"/>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="*"/>
    </authorization>
    <compilation debug="true" strict="false"
    explicit="true"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>
    Steve Kennedy, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Steve Kennedy wrote:
    > Anyone ever see this? Normal ASP.NET environment and page,

    > trying to
    > authenticate against AD for first time. The expected result is a
    > connection to the server, but I get the following: "Parser Error
    > Message: Unable to establish secure connection with the server".

    Sorry, no. I've never seen this.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET