ASP Authentication to Active Directory

Steve Kennedy

Anyone ever see this? Normal ASP.NET environment and page, trying to
authenticate against AD for first time. The expected result is a
connection to the server, but I get the following: "Parser Error
Message: Unable to establish secure connection with the server". My
web.config is basically this....

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
<appSettings/>
<connectionStrings>
<remove name="ADConnString" />
<add name="ADConnString"
connectionString="LDAP://123.xyz.com:389/OU=Users,DC=oa,DC=ad,DC=xyz,DC=com­"

/>
</connectionStrings>
<system.web>
<membership>
<providers>
<remove name="MyADMembershipProvider" />
<add connectionStringName="ADConnString" connectionUsername="CN=Bob
Kennedy,OU=CrappyTown,OU=OA Users,DC=oa,DC=ad,DC=xyz,DC=com"
connectionPassword="password" name="MyADMembershipProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider,System.Web,

Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
</providers>
</membership>
<authentication mode="Forms"/>
<authorization>
<deny users="*"/>
</authorization>
<compilation debug="true" strict="false"
explicit="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Steve said:
Anyone ever see this? Normal ASP.NET environment and page,

trying to
authenticate against AD for first time. The expected result is a
connection to the server, but I get the following: "Parser Error
Message: Unable to establish secure connection with the server".

Sorry, no. I've never seen this.

Bob Barrows