<asp:BulletedList>

Guest

Hi:

I'm using the <asp:BulletedList> control in a TemplateField in a GridView.
The extra height generated by this control increases the height of the rest
of the row it's in. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Jibey

David Wier

There's no way around the fact that, if your bulleted list is higher than
the height of the rest of the row, it will make the rest of the row higher.
However, you could make the viewing of the bulleted list, an 'on-demand'
function, with just a link or regular button, that, when clicked will view
the list.

darrel

I'm using the said:
The extra height generated by this control increases the height of the
rest
of the row it's in. Is there a way around this?

Wrap it in a DIV and set the DIV's style to 'overflow: scroll' and then give
it a specific height. That will create a scrollbar if the list is taller
than height of the div.

-Darrel

Guest

Hi:

The bulletedlist is not that much higher - I mean there isn't much content
in it. Just the superfluous space above and below it makes it higher than
what it should be. I can't make it an on-demand function. The users expect to
see its contents on the UI as soon as the page is visible. Is there a css
style for the <asp:BulletedList> that decreases or even eliminates the
superfluous space above and below it?

Thanks,

Jibey

Flinky Wisty Pomm

Look at the margin and padding properties of the <UL> element. You can
set those by CSS, and twiddle with the whitespace around your list.

Guest

Hi:

There's no whitespace around this control. The extra space that I want to
get rid of are at the top and bottom of the list.

I don't have access to the <UL> element. I'm loading this list dynamically.

Jibey