asp:button : refresh parent and close child at end of btn_click

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Brad Smith, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Brad Smith

    Brad Smith Guest

    I have an asp:button control called "Save and Close" in a child window
    that updates a record in a database table. That code works great.

    What I'd like to do after the update is to use javascript to refresh
    the parent window (with something like
    window.opener.location.reload()) to pick up the new values, then close
    the child window (with self.close).

    I've done a lot of reading in the groups, and know that you can add
    javascript attributes to the onclick event of an asp:button, but I
    don't want the window to close before the update takes place.

    Anyone have a quick solution to this sort of situation?

    Thanks,

    --brad smith

    Brad Smith, Apr 7, 2004