ASP button to Execute Stored proc in table Adapter

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Datasort, Jun 26, 2007.

  1. Datasort

    Datasort Guest

    Is it possible to add a stored proc to a table adapter and execute the proc
    inside an ASP button click event?

    I have a table adapter called Claimers and a sp called AddWatch. On the
    onclick event I would like to call the table adapter and execute the sp.
    Note that the sp does not return records.

    Something like:

    ..onclick
    Dim ClaimersAdapter As New ClaimersAdapters.ClaimersTableAdapter()
    Claimers.AddWatch(@RecordID)

    Thanks in advance
    --
    Stewart Rogers
    DataSort Software, L.C.

    Datasort, Jun 26, 2007

  2. Datasort

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF0YXNvcnQ=?= wrote on 26 jun 2007 in

    > Is it possible to add a stored proc to a table adapter and execute the
    > proc inside an ASP button click event?

    There is no ASP button click event.

    asp runs serverside, and a click is clientside.

    Perhaps you mean asp.net?

    This is a classic asp group.
    Dotnet questions should be asked in
    <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jun 26, 2007

  3. Datasort wrote:
    > Is it possible to add a stored proc to a table adapter

    recommended practice), but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net is
    a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be lucky enough
    to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a newsgroup
    where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
    to help you.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 26, 2007