ASP button to Execute Stored proc in table Adapter

Datasort

Is it possible to add a stored proc to a table adapter and execute the proc
inside an ASP button click event?

I have a table adapter called Claimers and a sp called AddWatch. On the
onclick event I would like to call the table adapter and execute the sp.
Note that the sp does not return records.

Something like:

..onclick
Dim ClaimersAdapter As New ClaimersAdapters.ClaimersTableAdapter()
Claimers.AddWatch(@RecordID)

Thanks in advance

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?RGF0YXNvcnQ=?= wrote on 26 jun 2007 in
Is it possible to add a stored proc to a table adapter and execute the
proc inside an ASP button click event?

There is no ASP button click event.

asp runs serverside, and a click is clientside.

Perhaps you mean asp.net?

This is a classic asp group.
Dotnet questions should be asked in
<microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Datasort said:
Is it possible to add a stored proc to a table adapter
recommended practice), but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net is
a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be lucky enough
to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you
can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a newsgroup
where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
to help you.