<asp:Calendar> & CSS

Mark Rae

Hi,

Has anyone found a fix for the <asp:Calendar> / CSS bug whereby certain
attributes (mainly colours) are not rendered correctly?

E.g.

<asp:Calendar ID="calTest" runat="server"
OtherMonthDayStyle-CssClass="calOtherMonthDay" />

..calOtherMonthDay
{
font-size:xx-small;
color:Green;
}

The font-size attribute works, but the color attribute doesn't, no matter
what I set it to.

Hard-coding the style attributes in-line works, but I don't want to do that
in this instance because this particular site needs to change its style
depending on the currently logged-on user, and I'm achieving that through
stylesheets.

Does anyone know if there is an easy fix for this bug? The very last thing I
want to do is to interrogate the various styles in code-behind and apply
them in the DayRender event, but I'm thinking I don't think I have many
other options...

Any assistance gratefully received.

Mark

Guest

Hi, Its worse than that, I've been trying to do the same so that I don't have
to go into every calendar if the colours change and found the follow shows
more inconcistancies :-

If anybody can see what is wrong or suggest a fix, I'd be glad too.

#### code starts

<head runat="server">
<title>Calendar Style Bugs ...</title>
.cStyle
{
font-size:9pt;
background-color:white;
color:yellow;
}
.cDayHeader
{
background-color:red;
color:yellow;
}
.cNextPrev
{
background-color:blue;
color:yellow; /** BUG **/
}
.cOtherMonthDay
{
background-color:green;
color:yellow; /** BUG **/
}
.cSelectedDay
{
background-color:cyan; /** BUG **/
color:green; /** BUG **/
}
.cTitle
{
background-color:cyan;
color:yellow;
}
.cTodayDay
{
background-color:red;
color:white; /** BUG **/
}
.cWeekendDay
{
background-color:wheat;
color:red; /** BUG **/
}
.cDay
{
background-color:teal;
color:red; /** BUG **/
}
</head>

<form runat="server" action="calendarStyle.aspx">
<asp:Calendar ID="Calendar1" runat="server" Height="190px"
CssClass="cStyle"
NextPrevFormat="FullMonth" Width="250px" >
<DayHeaderStyle CssClass="cDayHeader" />
<NextPrevStyle CssClass="cNextPrev" />
<OtherMonthDayStyle CssClass="cOtherMonthDay" />
<SelectedDayStyle CssClass="cSelectedDay" />
<TitleStyle CssClass="cTitle" />
<TodayDayStyle CssClass="cTodayDay" />
<WeekendDayStyle CssClass="cWeekendDay" />
<DayStyle CssClass="cDay" />
</asp:Calendar>
</form>

#### code ends

Even using a style that works on one type on a another type ( ie using
cToday on cSelectedDay ) doesn't work, so have the gut feeling that either
the code to display both is wrong in .Net or that maybe something else is
overriding the style.

regards.

Mark Rae

Hi, Its worse than that, I've been trying to do the same so that I don't
have
to go into every calendar if the colours change and found the follow shows
more inconcistancies :-

If anybody can see what is wrong or suggest a fix, I'd be glad too.

I've given up on CSS for the <asp:Calendar> control and have had to
implement the workaround as I described. Was a question of time versus
payment, as always... :)