asp:calendar - Why is "SelectedDate" a linkbutton but there is no event to catch?

Sally

OnSelectionChanged is only fired when you select a date DIFFERENT then
SelectedDate. Why is the SelectedDate a link button if I cannot catch
the event? Do I have to put in my own code in OnBubbleEvent?
-sal

Sally

OnSelectionChanged is only fired when you select a date DIFFERENT then
SelectedDate. Why is the SelectedDate a link button if I cannot catch
the event? Do I have to put in my own code in OnBubbleEvent?
-sal

Anyone?

Keith Smith [MSFT]

Hello Sal,

The Calendar.SelectionChanged event is the correct event for tracking when selection is changed. I'm curious to know why you wish to react to the user selecting a date that is already selected
considering once a date is selected it is no longer hyperlinked (i.e., the linkbutton no longer has a link).

Depending on your scenario, if you absolutely need to provide a mechanism for tracking selection of an already selected date, you may try adding a new linkbutton to that date's control collection
and responding to its selection event separately.

Keith