ASP cdo.message in iis server! what else?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Cimento Cola, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Cimento Cola

    Cimento Cola Guest

    Hello all!
    I have built an ASP. This asp runs in a IIS server.
    This asp has the following code:

    <script language ="vbs">
    sub button1_onclick

    dim variavel
    Set myMail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    Set objconf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

    end sub
    </script>

    Whenever i open this page in other computer, when the butto is clicked i get
    an error in line "Set myMail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")"
    The server has smtp installed.
    Why does this not work in other computers? What do they have to have
    instaled?

    Thank you!
    Cimento Cola, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Cimento Cola

    Josh Twist Guest

    I'm not sure I understand your problem - but here's my first guess.
    Have you looked under Add/Remove Windows Components and checked that
    the SMTP service is installed?

    It's usually under Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Add Remove
    Windows Components. Then choose IIS and click the Details button. Check
    that SMTP service is installed.

    Good luck
    http://www.thejoyofcode.com/
    Josh Twist, Feb 1, 2006