ASP CDONTS goes off screen

RICHARD BROMBERG

I am using ASP and CDONTS to read data entered into a Form and E-mail the
data entered to me.

The Form is pretty long and has about thirty Text entry boxes and some radio
buttons.
After the user clicks on the Submit Form button ASP and CDONTS sends a
confirmation message back to the user.

By the time the user fills in the last piece of data the top of the Form has
scrolled off the top of the screen..
That's okay.

After pressing the Submit Form the screen redisplays the Form.

Unfortunately the Confirmation message displays below the Form and
consequently it is off the screen.

Can I force the Confirmation message to appear at the top (possibly above
the Form) or on an entirely new page ??

Thanks

Jeff Cochran

I am using ASP and CDONTS to read data entered into a Form and E-mail the
data entered to me.

The Form is pretty long and has about thirty Text entry boxes and some radio
buttons.
After the user clicks on the Submit Form button ASP and CDONTS sends a
confirmation message back to the user.

By the time the user fills in the last piece of data the top of the Form has
scrolled off the top of the screen..
That's okay.

After pressing the Submit Form the screen redisplays the Form.

Unfortunately the Confirmation message displays below the Form and
consequently it is off the screen.

Can I force the Confirmation message to appear at the top (possibly above
the Form) or on an entirely new page ??

Well, umm... Yeah, of course. This doesn't depend on ASP or CDONTS
(Use CDO..) it's simple HTML coding. Use a Target tag to have the
confirmation appear in a new window, direct the user to a new page for
the confirmation or if you must postback to the same form page use a
flag and display the confirmation if the flag is set. Okay, the last
uses a small bit of ASP...

Jeff

RICHARD BROMBERG

Thanks one and all

I did a little thinking and came up with the following code (snippet) and
it seems to work. Thankyou.htm is a seperate page and tells the user his
input was accepted. Any Comments ?

* * * * * * * * * code snippet * * * * * *

<% if ConfirmMsg <> "" then %>
<%Response.Redirect("http://www.mysite.com/thankyou.htm")%>
<% end if %>

* * * * * * * * * code snippet * * * * * *