ASP certification

Frederic

Hi

I've been developping with ASP for a year and now I'm trying to get
certified.
I found a certification from W3Schools but I couldn't find one from
Microsoft or other major player. Even CIW doesn't have a certification
covering only ASP.

Do you know any?

Any input will be apreciated

--
Frederic
MCP (Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2000 Directory Services)

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

I don't think there is very much reason to get certification in ASP. It is
not exactly a complex technology, you either know it or you don't ... and
any recruiting company can easily ascertain your skill in two or three phone
interview questions. Having the certification on the resume doesn't mean
much...

Jeff Cochran

I've been developping with ASP for a year and now I'm trying to get
certified.
I found a certification from W3Schools

Yeah, that's a valuable cert...
but I couldn't find one from
Microsoft or other major player. Even CIW doesn't have a certification
covering only ASP.

Do you know any?

There are none. The MCSE and the MCSD, plus maybe a MCDBA would be
good coverage.

When you learn enough about ASP you'll understand why there isn't a
certification for it. (Hint: It's not a programming language...)

Jeff