ASP certification

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Frederic, Apr 25, 2004.

  1. Frederic

    Frederic Guest

    Hi

    I've been developping with ASP for a year and now I'm trying to get
    certified.
    I found a certification from W3Schools but I couldn't find one from
    Microsoft or other major player. Even CIW doesn't have a certification
    covering only ASP.

    Do you know any?

    Any input will be apreciated

    --
    Frederic
    MCP (Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2000 Directory Services)

    Frederic, Apr 25, 2004

  2. I don't think there is very much reason to get certification in ASP. It is
    not exactly a complex technology, you either know it or you don't ... and
    any recruiting company can easily ascertain your skill in two or three phone
    interview questions. Having the certification on the resume doesn't mean
    much...

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Apr 25, 2004

  3. Frederic

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:46:03 -0400, "Frederic"
    <> wrote:

    >I've been developping with ASP for a year and now I'm trying to get
    >certified.
    >I found a certification from W3Schools

    Yeah, that's a valuable cert...

    >but I couldn't find one from
    >Microsoft or other major player. Even CIW doesn't have a certification
    >covering only ASP.
    >
    >Do you know any?

    There are none. The MCSE and the MCSD, plus maybe a MCDBA would be
    good coverage.

    When you learn enough about ASP you'll understand why there isn't a
    certification for it. (Hint: It's not a programming language...)

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Apr 25, 2004