<asp:checkboxlist>

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Simon Cheng, Feb 13, 2005.

  1. Simon Cheng

    Simon Cheng Guest

    Hi,

    For the following form:

    <form runat="server">
    <asp:checkboxlist id="list" runat="server">
    <asp:listitem runat="server" value="Cash" />
    <asp:listitem runat="server" value="Check" />
    </asp:checkboxlist><br/>
    </form>

    I get the the attached error message. The same form works with
    "asp:radiolist." What am I missing? (This is on W2K3.)

    Thanks,
    Simon
    Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length

    Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less
    than zero. Parameter name: length

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: length]
    System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) +172

    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBoxList.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.Lo
    adPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +34
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean
    fBeforeLoad) +397
    Simon Cheng, Feb 13, 2005

  2. Try

    <asp:checkboxlist id="list" runat="server">
    <asp:listitem>Cash</asp:listitem>
    <asp:listitem>Check</asp:listitem>
    </asp:checkboxlist>

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 13, 2005

  3. Simon Cheng

    Simon Cheng Guest

    I re-try it today, and now the following works fine for me:

    <form runat="server">
    <asp:checkboxlist id="list" runat="server">
    <asp:listitem runat="server" value="Cash1" />
    <asp:listitem runat="server" value="Check1" />
    </asp:checkboxlist><br/>
    </form>

    I have no clue...
    Simon