asp classic app moved to IIS 6 slow/failing

Guest

Hi All,

I have several classic asp pages in site that were originally programmed
with Visual Interdev (or Visual Web Developer Alpha... remember that?). The
pages use the Script Library objects for Recordset and Data Grid
functionality. The database is an Access mdb file that we connect to.

The app was recently moved from a Windows 2000, IIS 5 server to a Windows
2003 IIS 6 server. The permissions, database connections info etc was
duplicated on the new server. The application works... However, the database
access/grid page will occasionally work, but most often now takes so long to
process that we receive a timeout in the app. We have not changed the
programming, and on some occasions the page will execute quickly. It seems
that the first accesses of the page can be quick, but subsequent requests
can slow down so much we get the timeout, and this plain english (default
error I think):

"An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the
system administrator."

In the IIS log file for the site, it includes the following error for the
post request:

POST /search_dir/Default.asp |-|ASP_0113|Script_timed_out 80

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be choking the asp/MS Access
application.

K Waldron

Hossam Salah

I also have this problem, any one have a solution that works, my server is
2003 server SP1 with the latest fixes.

Thank you