Asp code in IIS6

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Paramveer, Nov 23, 2007.

  1. Paramveer

    Paramveer Guest

    Hi,
    I am getting this error every thime I execute my Asp code in IIS6.

    "App_POOL is the name of the application pool I am using".

    Error mentioned below.
    Error: The Template Persistent Cache initialization failed for Application
    Pool 'App_POOL' because of the following error: Could not create a Disk Cache
    Sub-directory for the Application Pool. The data may have additional error
    codes..

    I have tried options like mentioned in the link below.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=842493

    "Network services" is the identity of App pool.

    "Integrated windows Authentication" is selected for virtual directory.
    Anonymous is unchecked.

    Could you pls help me.
    Paramveer, Nov 23, 2007

  2. Paramveer wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am getting this error every thime I execute my Asp code in IIS6.
    >
    > "App_POOL is the name of the application pool I am using".
    >
    > Error mentioned below.
    > Error: The Template Persistent Cache initialization failed for
    > Application Pool 'App_POOL' because of the following error: Could not
    > create a Disk Cache Sub-directory for the Application Pool. The data
    > may have additional error codes..
    >
    > I have tried options like mentioned in the link below.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=842493
    >
    > "Network services" is the identity of App pool.
    >
    > "Integrated windows Authentication" is selected for virtual directory.
    > Anonymous is unchecked.

    I've never run into this. If you get no answer heree, try the iis server
    group: .inetserver.iis

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Nov 23, 2007

  3. "Paramveer" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am getting this error every thime I execute my Asp code in IIS6.
    >
    > "App_POOL is the name of the application pool I am using".
    >
    > Error mentioned below.
    > Error: The Template Persistent Cache initialization failed for Application
    > Pool 'App_POOL' because of the following error: Could not create a Disk
    > Cache
    > Sub-directory for the Application Pool. The data may have additional error
    > codes..
    >
    > I have tried options like mentioned in the link below.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=842493
    >
    > "Network services" is the identity of App pool.
    >
    > "Integrated windows Authentication" is selected for virtual directory.
    > Anonymous is unchecked.

    Failure to create a directory is usually a permissions problem, check that
    the account used as the app pool's identity has sufficient NTFS permissions
    in the parent directory.

    -Mark

    Mark J. McGinty, Nov 26, 2007