ASP COM object EventLog messages not showing up on Server 2003 Web Edition

Edward J. Stembler

I have an ASP (not ASP.Net) application which was
migrated to Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Web Edition...
the ASP application uses a COM object which adds messages
to the Application EventLog. For some reason the message
aren't showing up when I moved it to the new server.
They showed up fine on the old server.

Is this a new security limitation which Microsoft imposes
on their new servers? Anyone know how I can give my COM
object access to the Application EventLog?

I found a suggestion from a Microsoft tech on how to hack
the Registry for an ASP.Net application, however, this is
an old ASP application, and it didn't seem to work.
Here's the url anyway:

http://groups.google.com/groups?
hl=en&threadm=m08t1iYrBHA.600%
40cpmsftngxa09&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Devent%
2Blog%2BRequested%2Bregistry%2Baccess%2Bis%2Bnot%2Ballowed

Bob Barrows

You should probably ask this question on one of the Visual Basic groups.
They'll have a better idea about what needs to be done in the VB COM
object..

Bob Barrows

Edward J. Stembler

I cross-posted it to a VB group as well just to get more
exposure. But the VB COM code is not really the issue;
ultimately it's a security issue. I just wanted to post
the message in a few related groups to maximize my
chances of someone see it who knows the solution.