<asp:CommandField with dynamic SelectText or <asp:Hyperlink with server side call

MasterNone

Can somebody suggest a way for me to bind the SelectText instead of
a static text or show any cool methods to make a server side postback
the same page instead of navigate on a Hyperlink.

Either of those solutions are acceptable. I am using a GridView control
and would like to have one fo these solutions.

Thanks in advance.
MasterOfNone

MasterNone

I am not getting any help... Should I even venture this road? MVPs of
the house. Please let me know.

My objective is to not give the stupid "Select" button my realestate.
Instead would like to make data displayed as a link which performs a
serverside call.

JeffP@Work

Perhaps in the html of your dg....

<Columns....
<asp:TemplateColumn....
<asp:LinkButton id="

This will make your data appear as a typical <a href

Then catch these in

myDg_ItemCommand(byVal e As Sys.Web.UI.WebCtrls.DgCmdEventArgs) handles
myDg.ItemCommand

HTH

JeffP....