    "compiled" version to the hosting company server (thereby protecting my
    source code from being revealed)?

    Thanks.
    Ed, Jul 26, 2004

  2. > Is there a way to "compile" my ASP application so that when I upload the
    > application to the hosting company, my propriety work will remain
    > unrevealed?

    Yes, you can put your important business logic in a DLL, though keep in mind
    that there is likely to be a performance hit.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2163

    > Second question, if I update my ASP applcation to ASP.NET, would there be

    > way to compile the ASP.NET code so that I will only need to publish the
    > "compiled" version to the hosting company server (thereby protecting my
    > source code from being revealed)?

    You will get better answers about how to protect ASP.NET code in an ASP.NET
    forum.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/5002

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)
    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jul 26, 2004

  3. Ed

    Bullschmidt Guest

    <<
    Is there a way to "compile" my ASP application so that when I upload the
    application to the hosting company, my propriety work will remain
    unrevealed?

    How do I protect my ASP code? - 5/7/2001
    http://www.aspfaq.com/faq/faqShow.asp?fid=127

    An idea you could use that would make the source code much more
    unreadable would be to use some kind of code optimizer on it that
    removes comments and removes much white space such as tabs...

    PCbit
    http://www.pcbit.com
    Advanced HTML Optimizer
    Can remove white space in HTML and ASP files.

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com
    Classic ASP Design Tips, ASP Web Database Demo, ASP Bar Chart Tool...

    Bullschmidt, Jul 27, 2004