    desktop. The MS Knowledgebase entries are no help.

    Thanks fo all help,
    Bill
    Bill, Aug 28, 2005

  2. What's on line 3? Probably "set something = CreateObject("some.component"),
    but you do not have that component installed on your machine.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Aug 29, 2005

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Ray Costanzo [MVP]" wrote:

    > What's on line 3? Probably "set something = CreateObject("some.component"),
    > but you do not have that component installed on your machine.
    >
    > Ray at work

    Thanks for the response Ray.

    The component is properly installed and registered. I get no errors using
    create.object in VBS. I believe this is a XP com security error, but none of
    the solutions in the MS knowledge base or found on Google groups helps.

    The everyone group has proper read permissions in the registry and IUSR has
    proper NTFS permissions, dependency walker shows no problems.

    I tried assigning IUSR to the administrato group and it did not help. I am
    just lost trying to figure out what component permission needs to be changed
    and where.

    Thanks,

    Bill

    Bill, Aug 29, 2005
  4. Please show the first five lines of your code.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Aug 29, 2005
  5. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Set Upload = Server.CreateObject("CrazyBeavers.Upload") ' Create object
    Upload.ValidTypes = "jpg.gif.txt" ' Set valid file extension. Seperate
    with .
    Upload.MaxSize = 2*1024*1024 ' Set max filesize for uploaded files (2.0mb)

    Next block begins a for loop through the results. The Set statement is where
    it is blowing out because of the com issues.

    Bill, Aug 29, 2005
  6. And you said that you have a .vbs file that's creating this same component?
    The error you're getting means either the component is not installed on the
    machine running this code (the Web server) or it is not registered. I've
    never seen it be permissions related.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Aug 29, 2005
  7. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Ray,

    All of the registry keys are in place with proper permissions, verified key
    by key against a W2K pro box that it is working on. I even uninstalled the
    dll and then registered it manually with regsvr32 with the same results.
    That's why I'm lost.

    Bill, Aug 29, 2005