asp component error

Bill

Hi

I am having a problem with a com object on WinXP Pro. It is properly
registered, but gives me the following error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
Server.CreateObject Failed
/code/cgi-sec/upload.asp, line 3
Invalid class string

I do not have windows firewall active and it does the same thing with
firewall/virus/spyware software disabled. It runs fine on my Win2K Pro
desktop. The MS Knowledgebase entries are no help.

Thanks fo all help,
Bill

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

What's on line 3? Probably "set something = CreateObject("some.component"),
but you do not have that component installed on your machine.

Ray at work

Bill

Ray Costanzo said:
What's on line 3? Probably "set something = CreateObject("some.component"),
but you do not have that component installed on your machine.

Ray at work

Thanks for the response Ray.

The component is properly installed and registered. I get no errors using
create.object in VBS. I believe this is a XP com security error, but none of
the solutions in the MS knowledge base or found on Google groups helps.

The everyone group has proper read permissions in the registry and IUSR has
proper NTFS permissions, dependency walker shows no problems.

I tried assigning IUSR to the administrato group and it did not help. I am
just lost trying to figure out what component permission needs to be changed
and where.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill

Set Upload = Server.CreateObject("CrazyBeavers.Upload") ' Create object
Upload.ValidTypes = "jpg.gif.txt" ' Set valid file extension. Seperate
with .
Upload.MaxSize = 2*1024*1024 ' Set max filesize for uploaded files (2.0mb)

Next block begins a for loop through the results. The Set statement is where
it is blowing out because of the com issues.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

And you said that you have a .vbs file that's creating this same component?
The error you're getting means either the component is not installed on the
machine running this code (the Web server) or it is not registered. I've
never seen it be permissions related.

Ray at work

Bill

Ray,

All of the registry keys are in place with proper permissions, verified key
by key against a W2K pro box that it is working on. I even uninstalled the
dll and then registered it manually with regsvr32 with the same results.
That's why I'm lost.