ASP - Connecting to Oracle 9i

Randy

Hello All,
I'm trying to connect to an Oracle 9i database on a 2000 Pro box using my XP
Pro development machine. I've got Oracle client 9i (and .NET 2003) on my dev
XP box and Oracle 9i client and database on the 2000 box.
I can right click on the oracleDataAdapter and Preview Data and get data
from the table I specified.
However, I'm doing a simple ASP page with a datagrid on it. I've got the
oracleDataAdapter, oracleConnection and a dataSet. In the code (in the
page_load) I do a...

oracleConnection1.Open();
oracleDataAdapter1.Fill(dataSet1);
DataGrid1.DataBind();

Now when I run it and it steps on the oracleConnection1.Open(); line I get
(in the browser) the error...
Exception Details: System.Exception: System.Data.OracleClient requires
Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Randy

I found the problem...
I had to go into the oracle home directory on my dev machine and reset
authenticated users to read and execute. Rebooted and it all works as
expected...