ASP Cookies

Rahul Chatterjee

I have a page on my website that sets cookie values and the cookies are
subsequently accessed across the rest of the webpages. These cookies are set
in the login page and after the user logs in, the cookie value is accessed
by a subsequent page to refresh my left navigation bar with a few new
options. THis was all working until about 2 weeks ago on my test area
(housed internally) and production area (which is housed at a vendor).

Now it does not. The code itself is simple and straightforward

with response
.Cookies("XXXX").Domain = Application("strRootDomain")
.Cookies("XXXX")("MemberID") = lngMemberID
.Cookies("XXXX")("MenuSecLevelID") = intMenuSecLevelID

end with
response.write request.cookies("Benesys")("MemberID") & "<br>"
response.write request.cookies("Benesys")("MenuSecLevelID")

At the above display, I can see the values have been assigned to the
cookies. When I go to the subsequent page to see if I can access the same
cookies and I put a display same as above, the cookie values come back as
blank. I am not clearing any cookies to my knowledge until I logoff. This
test website page was functional until 2 weeks ago. The same code works just
fine on the live website at the outside vendor

Can anyone shed some light please

Thanks in advance

Daniel Crichton

Rahul wrote on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:46:42 -0400:
[...]

Did you check that Application("strRootDomain") has a value? I've had a
couple of occassions where an Application variable has not been set from
Application_OnStart, so I ended up putting a check for the variable into
Session_OnStart and firing the initialisation code if it was missing, which
pretty much ensures it gets set.

Also, I'm assuming that the XXXX in your response are your attempt to blank
out Benesys (which is what you used in the request code), if not then you're
comparing different cookies.

Dan

Anthony Jones

Rahul Chatterjee said:
[...]

Why are you setting the Domain property?