Asp copy file from local to remote share drive disk

wenfu cho

hi
I have two machines, one generate files, and copy to the other.
I try wscript.shell in my program, but it dit not work.
The two machines are not in the same domain. I saw some people's
question but not suitable for me,their machine are in the same domain.
They can assign permission to do the job. Can any one help me? thanks.

Jeff Cochran

I have two machines, one generate files, and copy to the other.
I try wscript.shell in my program, but it dit not work.
The two machines are not in the same domain. I saw some people's
question but not suitable for me,their machine are in the same domain.
They can assign permission to do the job. Can any one help me? thanks.

If you can't get permission to copy a file, no ASP code will ever
help. You need to provide a way to get permission across domains.
That's a Windows administration function, not an ASP programming one.

Jeff

wenfu cho

I have ever changed the copy action to .bat file. It worked well in Dos
prompt. While triger from ASP, it can't access the share drive.
Unfortunatily, our secondary machine did not join any domain.