    Event ID: 5
    Date: 11/27/2006
    Time: 9:17:08 AM
    Error: File /ASP/UploadFile.asp CreateObject Exception. The CreateObject of
    '(null)' caused exception C0000005..

    This exception happened sporadically. I didnot find a way to reproduce the
    error.
    Can anyone give me ideas of what to do?

    --
    Thank you

    Sincerely,
    Lynn Zou
    Lynn Zou, Nov 30, 2006

  2. Lynn Zou

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Lynn Zou" <> wrote in message
    > In our system , we use an ASP page to upload files but sometimes it
    > doesnot
    > work
    > as it suppose to do and we found error log in Application Error as:
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Active Server Pages
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 5
    > Date: 11/27/2006
    > Time: 9:17:08 AM
    > Error: File /ASP/UploadFile.asp CreateObject Exception. The CreateObject
    > of
    > '(null)' caused exception C0000005..
    >
    > This exception happened sporadically. I didnot find a way to reproduce the
    > error.
    > Can anyone give me ideas of what to do?

    Somewhere in your code you have something similar:

    set objName = CreateObject... or set objName = Server.CreateObject... etc

    It's probably supposed to have FSO in it and doesn't have anthing. I've
    never seen the exact error so not sure how to reproduce other than.

    set objName = CreateObject() instead of set objName =
    CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    I'm guessing it's FSO since you're uploading a file.

    --

    Roland Hall
    Roland Hall, Jan 12, 2007