asp:CreateUserWizard

BobLaughland

Hi All,

I have an asp:CreateUserWizard control.

Whenever I enter a user and password it tells me that I have to have a
'non alpha numeric' character in the password.

E.G. I cannot have '123werwer' it has to be '123werwer_'

Is there a way to remove that restriction?

Thanks,

Peter.

Rune B

Whenever I enter a user and password it tells me that I have to have a
'non alpha numeric' character in the password.

E.G. I cannot have '123werwer' it has to be '123werwer_'

Is there a way to remove that restriction?

I asume you use the build in SqlMembershipProvider?
- in that case you can configure it any way you wan't it:

<system.web>
<membership defaultProvider="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"
connectionStringName="myconnection"
minRequiredPasswordLength="3"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"

.... and so on ....

/>
</providers>
</membership>