    Is there a way to remove that restriction?

    Thanks,

    Peter.
    BobLaughland, Feb 22, 2006

  2. BobLaughland

    Rune B Guest

    > Whenever I enter a user and password it tells me that I have to have a
    > 'non alpha numeric' character in the password.
    >
    > E.G. I cannot have '123werwer' it has to be '123werwer_'
    >
    > Is there a way to remove that restriction?

    I asume you use the build in SqlMembershipProvider?
    - in that case you can configure it any way you wan't it:

    <system.web>
    <membership defaultProvider="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider">
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"
    connectionStringName="myconnection"
    minRequiredPasswordLength="3"
    minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"

    .... and so on ....

    />
    </providers>
    </membership>