ASP + Crystal Report 9 on WinServer 2003 and IIS6: Blank Screen

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Vincent, Sep 18, 2008.

  1. Vincent

    Vincent Guest

    We have used Crystal Report Web Viewer on ASP pages (using ActiveX),
    and it works perfectly on Windows 2000 machine with IIS 5 and SQL 2K.
    Now we already migrated the applications to Windows Server 2003
    running IIS6, and still SQL2K. All the application works perfectly,
    except for the Crystal Report. Everytime the report in ActiveX shown
    blank, only the toolbar the frame shown, which means that the ActiveX
    is loaded but the report cannot be shown. I check through the Windows
    Event Viewer: there're warnings said:

    A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' suffered a fatal
    communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The
    process id was '3580'. The data field contains the error number. (the
    number is 0000: 8007006d).

    A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' terminated
    unexpectedly. The process id was '4708'. The process exit code was
    '0x80'.

    Check through log file in C:\Windows\System32\Log Files\httperr log
    file:
    Date/Time IP 80 HTTP/1.1 POST URL Connection_Abandoned_By_AppPool
    DefaultAppPool

    I have try to create new app pool, and grant to Network Service or
    even Local System, but the report still shown blank. Anyone has idea/
    experience? Please help.

    Vincent, Sep 18, 2008