ASP/Custom Activex Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBHYWJyaWVs?=, May 27, 2005.

  1. I have set up a website and am testing ASPs. I have created
    a very simple ActiveX component with two interfaces:

    AboutBox() - displays About details
    calcpi() - returns 3.14159

    Here is my configuration (All the most up to date versions
    except for Visual C++):

    Windows XP (Home Edition).
    Visual C++ 6.0
    Apache Webserver
    SUN ASPONE
    Internet Explorer

    When I use ATL COM Appwizard to create my ActiveX
    component (DLL really), I can get the following
    to work quite easily:

    <%
    Set x =Server.CreateObject("AC.AcCtrl.1")

    x.calcpi()
    %>

    However, when I use MFC ActiveX Control Wizzard to create
    my ActiveX (.ocx really) component, the above does not
    work. Well, the instantion of the x object appears to
    work but I obtain the following error when I try to
    invoke x.calcpi():

    error '8000ffff'

    /t.asp, line 4

    Can anyone tell me what they think is happening here?

    Possible problems: Internet Explorer ?
    ActiveX Wizzard ?
    XP Home Edition ?
    SUN ASPONE ? (least likely)

    Thanks,
    John Gabriel
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBHYWJyaWVs?=, May 27, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBHYWJyaWVs?=

    Bruce Barker Guest

    to host an active/x control in IE you must implement the IDispatch interface
    for all your methods you wish to call. (this is somethimes referd to as a
    "dual" interface).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, May 28, 2005