ASP DATAGRID & SERVER SIDE EVENTS

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Max Peterson, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. Max Peterson

    Max Peterson Guest

    Test Programme

    ..NET Framework 1.0

    The aspx page is supposed to extract data from database and displayi in
    datagrid. I am using oledb elements and dataset/dataview objects.
    Using page.aspx.vb as the codebehind or using page.aspx (standalone with
    vbscript window_onload or vb page load events/procedures), the datagrid
    itself is not displayed and of course no data.
    ..
    Even Count property of the dataview object is not diisplayed in a text
    box/field. I have tried various combinations and code changes. No luck.
    Sample codes from reference books, msdn library also do not work. Again no
    luck. Apparently, the server side events and procedures are not fired. When
    the page is called http://localhost/page.aspx , no error is thrown up
    either. Client side events & procedures work fine.

    Am I missing something ? As no error is thrown, I cannot find out what is
    wrong. I believe the IIS has been set up correctly, as asp pages and other
    applications work fine with it.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    TIA

    Max.
    Max Peterson, Sep 12, 2006

  2. Max Peterson

    JeffP@Work Guest

    I'm not sure w/out seeing some of your code what could go wrong, there are
    many things....

    You may wish to first debug and set a break at onLoad to verify that your
    call to the function or sub that fetches your data is working.

    Then set a break in your data fetch function or sub and see if your dataset
    is not nothing.

    Then check that the dataset has at least one table, table(0)

    Then check that your datagrid post bind did in fact bind to the data.

    HTH

    JeffP....

    JeffP@Work, Sep 13, 2006

  3. Max Peterson