ASP - Delete File Across Network - In Win 2003

Parag Gaikwad

Hi,

I need to delete files across the network using web client (IE 6.x) in Win
2003 - IIS 6.0 environment.
Can someone please suggest an approach I can use to acheive this.

Will using FSO do the job or I have to go COM way.

Thanks in advance.
Parag

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Parag said:
Hi,

I need to delete files across the network using web client (IE 6.x)

Do you mean you want to do this in client-side code? If so, see a
client-side newsgroup such as microsoft.public.scripting.jscript
in Win 2003 - IIS 6.0 environment.
Can someone please suggest an approach I can use to acheive this.

Will using FSO do the job or I have to go COM way.

FSO is COM.

Why not just Windows Explorer?

Parag Gaikwad

Bob,
We have an website which provides filtered list of documents to be deleted
based on a specific business logic. This file are situated across various
file servers in the network.

Using classic ASP what is the best approach to acheive this objective.

Will using FSO's delete file method do the job or a custom COM needs to be
written to do this?

Thanks,
Parag

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Parag said:
Bob,
We have an website which provides filtered list of documents to be
deleted based on a specific business logic. This file are situated
across various file servers in the network.

Using classic ASP what is the best approach to acheive this objective.

Will using FSO's delete file method do the job
Yes. just be aware of permissions. Search www.aspfaq.com for articles
containing "FileSystemObject")