ASP - Delete File Across Network - In Win 2003

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Parag Gaikwad, Jan 27, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I need to delete files across the network using web client (IE 6.x) in Win
    2003 - IIS 6.0 environment.
    Can someone please suggest an approach I can use to acheive this.

    Will using FSO do the job or I have to go COM way.

    Thanks in advance.
    Parag
    Parag Gaikwad, Jan 27, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Parag Gaikwad wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to delete files across the network using web client (IE 6.x)


    Do you mean you want to do this in client-side code? If so, see a
    client-side newsgroup such as microsoft.public.scripting.jscript

    > in Win 2003 - IIS 6.0 environment.
    > Can someone please suggest an approach I can use to acheive this.
    >
    > Will using FSO do the job or I have to go COM way.


    FSO is COM.

    Why not just Windows Explorer?


    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
    header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
    quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 27, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Bob,
    We have an website which provides filtered list of documents to be deleted
    based on a specific business logic. This file are situated across various
    file servers in the network.

    Using classic ASP what is the best approach to acheive this objective.

    Will using FSO's delete file method do the job or a custom COM needs to be
    written to do this?

    Thanks,
    Parag


    "Bob Barrows [MVP]" wrote:

    > Parag Gaikwad wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I need to delete files across the network using web client (IE 6.x)

    >
    > Do you mean you want to do this in client-side code? If so, see a
    > client-side newsgroup such as microsoft.public.scripting.jscript
    >
    > > in Win 2003 - IIS 6.0 environment.
    > > Can someone please suggest an approach I can use to acheive this.
    > >
    > > Will using FSO do the job or I have to go COM way.

    >
    > FSO is COM.
    >
    > Why not just Windows Explorer?
    >
    >
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    > Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
    > header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
    > quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.
    >
    >
    >
    Parag Gaikwad, Jan 27, 2006
    #3
  4. Parag Gaikwad wrote:
    > Bob,
    > We have an website which provides filtered list of documents to be
    > deleted based on a specific business logic. This file are situated
    > across various file servers in the network.
    >
    > Using classic ASP what is the best approach to acheive this objective.
    >
    > Will using FSO's delete file method do the job

    Yes. just be aware of permissions. Search www.aspfaq.com for articles
    containing "FileSystemObject")
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
    header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
    quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 27, 2006
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. ARaman
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    389
    Mike Wahler
    Oct 23, 2003
  2. Krist
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    737
    Arne Vajhøj
    May 7, 2010
  3. Peter Singer

    Web Services on Win 2003 to SQL Server on Win 2000

    Peter Singer, Sep 7, 2004, in forum: ASP .Net Web Services
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    288
    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]
    Sep 15, 2004
  4. Raj
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    126
    Aaron Bertrand [MVP]
    Apr 14, 2004
  5. Klaus
    Replies:
    19
    Views:
    261
    Martijn Lievaart
    Aug 21, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page